Newsletter, Volume 10, Number 3
Welcome to our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
- Featured Book: The Breaker Boys by Pat Hughes
This month our newsletter is all about The Breaker Boys by Pat Hughs set in the Coal Mines of Pennsylvania. We have discussions, activities, related books and links. We hope you enjoy.
Here are a few upcoming appearances, speeches or workshops by Carol:
- September 18, 2005 - "So You Want to Write a Picture Book" panel for PEN New England. Simmons College, Boston, MA.
- October 6th and 7th, 2005 - Classroom storytelling and evening lecture on the sixth. Maloney Interdistrict Magnet School. Waterbury, CT.
- October 27, 2005 - Storytelling and Picture Book Workshops. Volunteer State Community College. Gallatin, TN.
You can find out more information on any of these by writing to Carol Hurst at email@example.com
For those who missed our last newsletter the most recent additions to our web site are:
- Featured Book: Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata
- Featured Book: Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes
- Featured Subject: The Holocaust
- Featured Subject: The Times of the Pilgrims
- Featured Book: Charlotte's Web
- Featured Book: Look to the North: A Wolf Pup's Diary
- Featured Book: Miss Bridie Chose a Shovel
- Featured Author: Susan Goodman
- Featured Book: Attaboy, Sam! by Lois Lowry
- Featured Book: The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein
Next Section of Newsletter:
Featured Book: The Breaker Boys by Pat Hughes