Newsletter, February 2001
Welcome to the February issue of our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
- Workshop and Website News. See below.
- Richard Peck, Featured Author.
I've Read the Book, Now What? Workshops for Teachers of grades 2-6 by Carol Hurst:
- - use literature across the curriculum
- - connect your reading program to content areas
- - motivate your readers
- - complement your reading program with meaningful activities
- - enhance comprehension through conversation
- - use a variety of genre
- - storytell and read aloud as powerful extensions of literature
- March 6, 2001 - New Jersey
- Holiday Parsipanny
- 707 Route 46 East
- Parsippany, NJ
- April 3, 2001 - Connecticut
- Ramada Inn- Capitol Hill
- 440 Asylum Street
- Hartford, CT
- May 8, 2001 - Massachusetts
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- 711 Dwight Street
- Springfield, MA
While we're at it here are the rest of Carol's upcoming workshops:
- April 29, 2001 - Preconvention Institute. IRA, New Orleans, LA.
- June 27, 2001 - Literature Conference. New Ulm, Minnesota.
- July 20, 2001 - Literature Conference. Orange County, California.
- July 25, 2001 - Early Childhood Institute. Dallas, Texas.
The Association of Jewish Libraries has released their 2000 Notable Books with Jewish content listing. Read more at:
There's a new article onsite about books in which the characters learn to read or are immersed in books in one way or another. Read More.
Related Areas of Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
Free Welcome To Homeschool Guide: Download Here!
Eager, excited homeschoolers could be just a click away. Start with these Time4Learning freebies: