Newsletter, October 2001
Welcome to the October issue of our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
- News. (see below)
- Featured Book: Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse.
In the last month people have compiled links to useful information for dealing with children during this national crises. Here is the link to Eduhound's collection of links "Coping with America's Tragedy".
For those who missed our last newsletter the most recent additions to our web site are:
- Featured Book: Snowflake Bentley by Jacqueline Briggs Martin.
- Booklist: Your Summer Reading
- Featured Subject: Looking Critically at Picture Books for Older Readers
Since the last newsletter we have added more books and web site links about snowflakes to the Snowflake Bentley article last month. Check it out at Snowflake Bentley.
Upcoming workshops with Carol Hurst:
- October 23 - Stamford, Connecticut. Workshop: I've Read the Book, Now What? For Teachers of grades 2-6.
- October 25 - Worcester, Massachusetts. Workshop: I've Read the Book, Now What? For Teachers of grades 2-6.
- November 8 + 9 - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Southeastern IRA Conference.
- November 15 + 16 - Little Rock, Arkansas. Arkansas Reading Association.
For more information on any of these write to Carol Hurst at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Carol Hurst and her work in schools and conferences see Carol Otis Hurst Consulting at: http://www.carolhurst.com/products/consulting.html
Next Section of Newsletter:
Featured Book: Out of the Dust.
Free Welcome To Homeschool Guide: Download Here!
Eager, excited homeschoolers could be just a click away. Start with these Time4Learning freebies: