Richard Peck knows his audience of young adult readers. He taught them; he's written novels for them and lectured to them. Now he writes about himself as a writer with lots of advice, not only for young writers but for adolescents in general. Teachers and parents will applaud most of the suggestions he gives teenagers about improving their lives and, although he is not shy about preaching, his blend of humor and sincerity should ring true for his younger audience as well.
Related Areas of Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
- Richard Peck, Featured Author
- The Ghost Belonged to Me by Richard Peck. Featured Book with classroom activities.
- Richard Peck's Strays Like Us. Book Review.
- Information on Peck's autobiography and a biography.
- Anonymously Yours by Richard Peck. Book Review of Peck's autobiography.
- US History and Children's Literature. Articles, classroom activities, recommended fiction.
- A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck. Book Review.
Related Areas on the Internet