Newsletter, December 2000
Welcome to the December issue of our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
I've Read the Book, Now What? Workshops for Teachers of grades 2-6 by Carol Hurst:
- - use literature across the curriculum
- - connect your reading program to content areas
- - motivate your readers
- - complement your reading program with meaningful activities
- - enhance comprehension through conversation
- - use a variety of genre
- - storytell and read aloud as powerful extensions of literature
To register call Literacy Corner at 877-346-9737
- March 6, 2001 - New Jersey
- Holiday Parsipanny
- 707 Route 46 East
- Parsippany, NJ
- April 3, 2001 - Connecticut
- Ramada Inn- Capitol Hill
- 440 Asylum Street
- Hartford, CT
- May 8, 2001 - Massachusetts
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- 711 Dwight Street
- Springfield, MA
While we're at it here are the rest of Carol's upcoming workshops:
- January 8 & 9, 2001 - Inservice & Storytelling. Essex Falls, NJ.
- January 23 & 24, 2001 -Teacher In-Service. Garden City Schools, Garden City, Kansas.
- February 6, 2001 - Adams Friendship, Wisconsin Teacher Inservice.
- April 29, 2001 - Preconvention Institute. IRA, New Orleans, LA.
- June 27, 2001 - Literature Conference. New Ulm, Minnesota.
- July 20, 2001 - Literature Conference. Orange County, California.
- July 25, 2001 - Early Childhood Institute. Dallas, Texas.
For more information on any of these write to Carol Hurst at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Carol Hurst and her work in schools and conferences see Carol Otis Hurst Consulting.
Related Areas of Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site
Search Our Site
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter.
In Times Past
by Carol Hurst and Rebecca Otis
Integrating US History with Literature in Grades 3-8.
Enliven your US History curriculum!
Teach US History using great kids books.
By Carol Otis Hurst!!
Rocks in His Head.
Pick up your copy of Carol's Award Winning Picture Book!
You can help fund this site at no cost to you! If you shop at Amazon.com bookstore use This Page each time you enter Amazon.com. More information.