Newsletter, September 2002
Add some drama to your curriculum!
Playstages' innovative theater, easy-to-use Minikin marionettes, backdrops, props, and costumes actively engage students in learning.
Education Packages include flexible and easy-to-use activity plans for language arts, character education, world languages, etc.
Visit www.playstages.com or call toll-free 1-866-646-4546 to request a free color catalog!
Welcome to the September issue of our newsletter. If you'd like to have each issue delivered to your email address you can sign-up for a subscription.
In This Issue You'll Find:
- News. See Below.
- Featured Subject: Biographies and Memoirs.
Welcome back to school. While we're all still fresh and inspired drop us an email and let us know how it's going in your classroom or library and tell us what topics, authors and featured titles you'd like us to cover in the upcoming year.
Here are a few upcoming appearances, speeches or workshops by Carol:
- September 24-27, 2002 - Kentucky Rural Librarians Convention, General Butler State Resort and Park, KY.
- October 11, 2002 - Columbia, SC.
- October 14, 2002 - Teacher-In-Service, Henrico County, VA.
- October 21, 2002 - AIMS. Convention, Baltimore, MD
- November 23, 2002 - Foundation for Children's Books, Boston College, Boston, MA
You can find out more information on any of these by writing to Carol Hurst at email@example.com
The second annual World of Children's Literature festival will take place in Lake Placid, New York on October 26-27, 2002. The World of Children's Literature festival will include two days of workshops, festivals, and other activities. Keynote speakers are Bruce Coville and Newbery Award winner Linda Sue Park. Other presenters include Paula Danziger, Hudson Talbott, Daniel Hayes, Liz Levy, Chris Raschka, and Sheri Amsel. A manuscript critique option is also available. For more information or a registration form, go to http://www.lakeplacidinstitute.org. You can also call 1-800-226-0728.
For those who missed our last newsletter the most recent additions to our web site are:
- Reading Aloud, Recommended Titles.
- Featured Author: Arnold Lobel.
- Featured Subject: Buildings and Architecture in Children's Books.
- Featured Book: A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park.
- Featured Subject: The Great Depression in Children's Books.
- Featured Subject: US States in Children's Books.
Next Section of Newsletter:
Featured Subject: Biographies and Memoirs